I always say, “Really? It’s not that hard!”
I get, though, for some people it is. For me, it came down to these simple equations:
Eat sugar and processed foods = feel like crap
Eat healthy foods with nutritional value = feel good
It wasn’t much of a choice for someone who was constantly tired and suffered with daily headaches. I never went anywhere without at least one bottle of Excedrine Migraine handy. When I finally had, had enough of suffering, I started changing my diet. I slowly took foods out until I was eating clean food only. I can’t say I haven’t slipped back, but I also enjoy going out to eat and socializing around food, and I’ll be the first to admit, it’s hard when you’re eating a Raw diet. Although, the odd part was that my diet often makes other people more uncomfortable than it makes me.
People often comment that I have such willpower. Or they say “oh, you’re so good.” No, it’s none of that. It’s just that I know my body and I know what preservatives do to it.
For people who are honestly interested, I share this advice:
- Just buy natural food.
- Shop in the produce section of the store.
- Eat brown rice.
- Eat oatmeal.
- Season food with olive oil, lemon/lime juice, salt, pepper and garlic…
- If you’re feeling creative, play with other spices
- Grow fresh herbs. It’s so exciting to have them when you need them and then know you’re using something you grew!
- AND — DON’T BE AFRAID TO PLAY WITH YOUR FOOD! I’ve discovered that when you’re using natural ingredients, you can rarely go wrong!